New Year, New Goals

Howdy all,

It has been a little while since I posted and there is a lot to catch up on.  Number one, I guess, is that I did not finish the loft in time to participate in the miniatures.com contest.  Real life got in the way, as it always seems to do.  Plus, there was the extra added bonus of picking up some overtime at work, which helped to take the edge off of Christmas this year, so I couldn't pass it up.  I am still planning to finish the kit, of course.  I also have a couple of other projects waiting the the wings that I am hoping to start soon.  I will post more on these soon.

Speaking of the the loft kit, congratulations to all of the winners and honorable mentions of the Miniatures.com contest, including Lyssa and Mad for Mod!  If you haven't yet, you need to take a look at the dollhouses they created.  They are fantastic works of art.  I can't wait to see all of the finished dollhouses when Miniatures.com posts all of the pictures.

My other update is that I was able to take part in Mandy Vlak's Holiday Swap.  My partner was Linda from Linda's Minis.  We were both late comers to the swap, but Mandy was kind enough to let us participate and I am so glad that she did.  It was so much fun creating some of the items and putting together the packages.  Of course, opening Linda's package when it arrived was fun too. :)

The corner bookcase was the something big.  The lovely pictures and pages, bags, and blanket were the accessories.  Although you can't see it very well in the picture, the other package are some great paper plates.  These were part of our "room" catagory, which was the kitchen.  The little hearts were also part of the kitchen set.



We also had to include something homemade.  Just look at the wonderful blanket and pillow Linda made.  I love them and can't wait to use them in a scene.  The books and crystal ball were also part of the accessories.  And for the christmas catagory, Linda sent the garland, the lovely dolie, the wreath, and little tree.  Also as part of the kitchen set were some silverware, the creamer and sugar set, cookies in a jar, and kitchen utensils. 




 Lastly, we were to include a surprise gift in our package.  Linda sent me a great HOM table kit.  This was a wonderful surprise.  I love the HOM kits and I'm really looking forward to building this one.





Seriously, I can't thank Linda enough for her gifts.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!











Comments

Popular Posts